SAVINGS AND CHECKING ACCOUNTS — RATE AND FEE SCHEDULE
This Rate and Fee Schedule sets forth current conditions, rates, fees and charges applicable to your Savings and Checking Accounts at Emerald Empire Federal Credit union at this time. The Credit Union may offer other rates and fees or amend the rates and fees contained in this schedule from time to time. Each account holder agrees to the terms set forth on this Rate and Fee Schedule and acknowledges that it is a part of the Membership and Account Agreement.Effective: March 01, 2019
|Account Type||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield||Minimum Opening Deposit||Minimum Daily Balance
(To Earn Dividends)
|Regular Share Account||0.05%||.05%||$25.00||$50.00|
|Secondary Savings Account||0.05%||.05%||$25.00||$50.00|
|IRA (Traditional or Roth)**||0.30% - 0.50%||0.30% - 0.50%||$100.00||$100.00|
|Money Market||0.00% - No Dividend Paid||0.00% - No Dividend Paid||$0.00 to $4,999.00||$5,000.00|
|Money Market (Tier 1)**||0.15% - 0.35%||.15% - .35%||$5,000 to $24,999.00||$5,000.00|
|Money Market (Tier 2)**||0.20% - 0.40%||.20% - .40%||$25,000.00 or more||$25,000.00|
|Standard Checking Account||0.00||.00||$0.00||$0.00|
TRUTH IN SAVINGS ACCOUNT DISCLOSURE
1. Rate Information: The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield on your accounts are set forth above. The Annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change quarterly as determined by the EEFCU Board of Directors. The Money Market Account is a tiered-rate account. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield applicable to the account will be based on a balance rate set forth above. Once a balance range is met, the Dividend Rate for that balance will apply to the entire balance.
2. Account Information/Limitations: There is matching Life Insurance up to $2000 on the Insurance Account (the Insurance Account is no longer offered by the Credit Union). Our CHEF (Children’s Higher Education Fund) account is a long-term savings account – not a regular transaction account.
Important: For Regular Share, Insurance Share, Money Market and CHEF Accounts, you may make up to six (6) preauthorized automatic, telephonic, electronic via home banking or audio response transfers to another account of yours or to a third party in any calendar month. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee. See Savings Rate & Fee Schedule for current fee. You may make unlimited transfers to any of your accounts or to any Credit Union loan account and may make withdrawals in person, by mail, or at an ATM. However, we may refuse or reverse a transfer that exceeds these limitations and may assess fees against, suspend or close your account.
3. Nature of Dividends: Credit Unions are unique financial institutions. You are an owner of this credit union. The money you put into your credit union represents an equity interest. That’s why credit unions call the returns you earn on your account dividends instead of interest. Our Board of Directors declares dividends based on current income and earnings after providing for the required reserves at the end of the month. The Dividend Rate and the APY are the last declared rates and yields that the Credit Union paid.
4. Compounding and Crediting: Dividends on all share accounts except Interest Checking will be compounded and credited quarterly. The Dividend Period for Interest Checking begins on the first calendar day of the quarter and ends on the last calendar day of the quarter (Day-In / Day-Out Method). Dividends for Interest Checking will be compounded and credited on the first day of the month following the dividend period.
5. Accrual of Dividends: Dividends will begin to accrue on both cash deposits and non-cash deposits on the business day you make the deposit to your account.
6. Balance Information: The minimum balance required to open each account is listed above. Dividends for all share type accounts (excludes Certificates of Deposit and Interest Checking Accounts) are calculated by applying the average daily balance method, which applies a periodic rate to the average balance in the account for the quarter. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the principal in the account for each day of the quarter and dividing that figure by the number of days in the quarter. The minimum required balance to avoid a service fee or obtain the stated Annual Percentage Yield is set forth above.
7. Checking Accounts: The credit union offers a standard checking account called a “Checking Account” that DOES NOT pay a monthly dividend as stated above. However, members may automatically earn a dividend rate each month if they qualify for the “Rewards Checking Account”. To qualify you must use the following three (3) qualifying services. The services are: Direct Deposit, use of the EEFCU VISA Check Card eight (8) or more times during the month at Point of Sale transaction, and opt-in for E-Statements. At the beginning of each month, the credit union will review the checking account history. If the member has used the three services within the month, they will automatically be moved to the “Rewards Checking Account” and will earn a dividend for that month. Once the dividend is paid, the checking account will be reset to the Standard Checking account for the next month. If a member does not meet the Rewards Checking criteria, they will earn no dividend for that month.
** Financial Partners. When you use the credit union, it strengthens your well being as well as that of your credit union. On your Money Market and IRA you can earn an additional .10% by having 2-3 qualified services and an additional .20% for having 4 or more qualified services. Qualified services include: Checking account, Share account with a balance of $2,500 or more, an IRA, CHEF, Money Market Account or Certificate of Deposit with a balance of $5,000 or more, Home Banking, Member of 7 plus years with an active checking account or direct deposit into an EEFCU account, Electronic bill payment or Direct deposit.
|Share Draft Account Fees
|Non – Sufficient Funds Fee Per Item – Share Drafts/ ACH / Telephone Check||$25.00 Per Item
|Check Copies||$5.00 Per Item
|Over Limit Line-Of-Credit||$25.00 Per Occurrence
|Overdraft Transfer from Accounts/Loans||No Transfer Fee – FREE – Member must designate accounts/loans to be used. Advance on loans may result in interest charges.|
|Returned Item Fee Per Item -- ACH and/or Share Drafts||$25.00 Per Item
|Share Draft Printing||$16.00 per 150 checks
|Stop Payment Request / Stop Payment Corporate Drafts||$25.00 Per Check
|Bill Payment NSF Fee or *Stop Payment Fee||$30 Per Item|
|Other Service Fees|
|Account Reconciliation/Research||$40.00 Per Hour/Minimum 1 Hour
|Automatic Teller Machine Withdrawals||No Fee Charged by EEFCU - Other Institution Fees May Apply|
|ATM Adjustments Fee||$25.00 Per item/Per Adjustment
|Inactive Account / Dormant Account||$5.00 Monthly Fee|
|Bad Address Fee - Undeliverable or Incorrect Address||$10.00 Per Month
|Check Cashing Fee – fee to non-members for cashing checks drawn on EEFCU accounts.||$10.00 Per Item
|Incoming & Outgoing Domestic Wire Fee||Incoming Wire: $35.00
Outgoing Wire: $35.00
|COIN PROCESSING FEE- NEW 1/01/2017||5% Fee on amount that exceeds $100 in a weekly period|
|Forced Placement Insurance – Auto’s, Personal RV Vehicles, Home||$50.00 Processing Fee|
|IRA Account Closure (Within 90 Days)||$30.00|
|Outgoing Wire Transfer (International)*|
$25 Amendments $25 Unsolicited Return
$15 Forced Change $10 CU Changes
|$45.00 Per Transfer (US Dollars)
$48.00 (Foreign Currency)
$55.00 Cancellation Fee for Foreign Wire
|IBAN International Wire Fees||$10.00 – Rejection Fee if IBAN is missing
$20.00 – IBAN has invalid format or information
|Replacement: Plastic Card or PIN||$15.00 Each|
|Statement Copies||$5.00 Per Statement
|Visa Check Card and EEFCU Cash Card||FREE and No Annual Fees|
|Foreign Transaction Fee, Using Visa Check Card||0$–Credit Union Pays|
|Corporate Draft||$2.00 Each|
|Regulation D Transfer Fee||First 6 Free; $5.00 per transfer thereafter|
|Foreign Item Collection - Bond/Coupon Bond/Foreign Checks||$15.00 per item
|VISA Gift Card / VISA Travel Money Card||No Fee for purchase - Other Fees May Apply. See separate disclosure included with Card Agreements.|
|Loan Application Processing Fee INCREASE 1/1/2017 to $20.00||$20.00 Per Consumer Loan Request/ $50 Per Real Estate Loan Request|
|Loan Modification Fee / Loan Skip Fee||$30.00 Per Loan Per Request
|Credit Union Membership|
|Membership Share (Adult / Child / Youth)||$25.00|
ELECTRONIC CHECK TRANSACTIONS
Electronic Checks: If you authorize a merchant to electronically debit your checking account using the routing, account, and serial number of your check to initiate the transfer, whether the check is blank, partially or fully completed and signed, such authorization is an electronic check conversion. An electronic check conversion is an electronic funds transfer (“EFT”) subject to the terms of the Check Card Checking Account Agreement and Disclosure. You authorize us to honor any electronic check conversion from your checking account just the same as a regular written check.
Electronic Re-Presented Checks: If you write a check on a personal account that we return unpaid because of insufficient or uncollected funds, payee or any subsequent holder of the check may re-present the check to us, through an electronic instruction (“Electronic Re-presented Check”) to charge to your account for the amount of the check. If we receive an electronic re-presented check, we will pay or return the electronic re-presented check as if the original paper check was presented to us. Any collection fee you authorize the merchant to debit from your account is an electronic funds transfer subject to the terms of the Check Card Checking Account Agreement and Disclosure. If you want to reverse an electronic re-presented check, you must give us an affidavit within 15 days after we send or make available to you the periodic statement that reflects payment of that electronic re-presented check. In your affidavit, you must declare and swear under oath that the electronic re-presented check was ineligible or unauthorized. If we receive a proper notice or affidavit from you within the 15-day period, we will re-credit your account with the amount of the charge. If you wish to stop payment on any electronic re-presented check, you must follow the procedures contained in this Agreement for stopping payment of checks, not the procedures for stopping payment on electronic loan or bill payments. If you ask us to request the depositor’s bank to send us the original paper check or a copy of the paper check, and we provide it to you, you agree that you will not seek to have your account re-credited due to a prior stop payment order or if the item is otherwise ineligible for collection.
Electronic Funds Transactions: You authorize us to honor any electronic check conversion transaction and re-presented check fee debit transactions you authorize (“electronic check transactions”). You agree that your authorization for an electronic check transaction occurs when you initiate such a transaction after receiving any notice regarding the merchant’s right to process the transaction, including any written sign provided by the merchant at the time of your transaction. All terms governing electronic funds transfer services will apply to electronic check transactions, except the $50 limit of liability for unauthorized transactions in the Check Card Checking Account Agreement and Disclosure. You remain responsible for notifying us of any unauthorized electronic check transaction shown on your statement.
Currency Conversion & Foreign Transaction Fee Purchases and cash advances made in foreign countries and foreign currencies will be converted into U.S. Dollars in accordance with the operating rules for international transactions established by Visa USA, Inc. and may occur on a date other than the date of the transaction; therefore, the currency conversion rate may be different than the rate in effect at the time of the transaction. We do not determine the currency conversion rate that is used nor do we receive any portion of the currency conversion rate. You agree to accept the converted dollar amount deducted from your checking account. The exchange rate to dollars will be a rate that is in effect for the applicable central processing date and is selected by Visa USA, Inc. either from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets; or the government mandated rate. A Currency Conversion Fee of 1% of the transaction amount will be assessed to the credit union, and will not be passed on to you the cardholder.
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.